Why You Should Use Welcome Notification While Subscribing Push Notification Users
Push Notifications on Browsers is a relatively new marketing channel and user experiences for this channel are still evolving. When a web visitor on your website subscribes to email, he is used to getting a verification email and/or welcome email.
When a user subscribes to Push Notification on your site, it is a good idea to send out a Welcome Notification. This helps in many ways – Firstly, it confirms to the user that now he is subscribed. This is important as the opt-in is through pop-up (s), which can get confusing for users. Secondly, it maintains similar experience to email subscription which the for Push Notifications as he is familiar with it.
Here is how to Enable Welcome Notifications in PushEngage. Go to Settings -> Installation Settings in PushEngage Dashboard, and scroll down. You will need to check the box to enable Welcome Notification. Then you can configure your welcome message and welcome image as well.
- How to Unsubscribe from Push Notifications in Chrome and Firefox
- How to Configure a Firebase Cloud Messaging Key & Why You Should Use FCM API Key
- Guide to Implementing Web Push Notifications, Without a Vendor Lock-in
- 7 Ways To Increase Your Web Push Subscription Rate
- Drip Campaigns and Autoresponders For Web Push Notifications
- How to Go Live With Web Push Notification Using PushEngage in 3 Easy Steps