We all know what is Web Push Notifications. It has been doing the rounds for quite some time now. Many online websites have started using Web Push Notifications for their business. You are still thinking whether to implement web push notifications on your website or not. As a marketer, you should always check out the new technologies which enable or ease the interaction with customers.
We have worked with many clients who were in the same situation whether to start web push notification for their website or not. Before offering solutions, we discussed their problems and try to identify if web push notification is the right way to go forward. We have compiled a list of conditions which definitely indicates that you should implement web push notifications.
#1 E-Mail Open Rate Has Gone Down
You probably have been using email for your marketing efforts. Sending emails during the sale, promotional event, new product launch and more. With so much of noise, your emails might have been pushed down in user’s e-mail. It may also happen that your emails are going to spam. Whether the emails are delivered to the inbox or not, you are being charged. You have invested so much in designing the emails, creating the content but not getting the desired results in terms of sale. Does the below data matches your current status:
- Email open rate is going down
- The conversion rate is also low
- Designing an email is taking too much time and effort
- Extra manpower is needed to create beautiful email templates
#2 Email Lead Generation Rate Is Not Increasing
Your email subscription rate is not increasing. You have created email opt-in pop up with exclusive offers, but the subscription rate is not increasing. Though your website traffic is increasing email subscription rate is not increasing.
Time has changed and users are getting impatient. Moreover, email subscription requires the user to fill in their email address, name and any other details which you add. Two reasons that could be discouraging users from subscribing to your email service –
- Cautious User: Nowadays users are very cautious while entering their personal details.
- Time Consuming: Also any page which takes time to load or a form to fill up, are left abandoned by the user.
The user does want to get an update on your recent offers, new product launch but they aren’t comfortable in giving out the personal details for a subscription. The best way to capture users is to go for Web Push Notification. Web Push Notification requires just a single click to subscribe without any personal details.
With a single click, users are subscribed to your push notification.
#3 Abandoned Cart Conversion Is Low
Most of the e-commerce website experience cart abandonment issue. As per research, the average cart abandonment rate is around 67.45%. Converting abandoned cart users is easier than acquiring new customers. Abandoned cart user is already convinced about the product but didn’t convert for some reasons.
To convert Abandoned Cart users, you have created series of well-crafted emails. You have even created a discount coupon for the user to complete the purchase. All these actions are very much in line with abandoned cart recovery strategy. However, with an abundance of email being sent by online sites, your email might have slipped down the list. And this leads to the decline of abandoned cart recovery.
If you are facing this, then you should definitely start using Abandoned Cart Web Push Notification. Push Notification offers all the features of abandoned cart emails including:
- Notifications are triggered once user abandons cart
- Series of notifications can be sent at different time intervals
- Can personalize the notification with exclusive coupons
- Notification sending stops once users make the purchase
You can create different strategies for abandoned cart notification campaign. You can configure abandoned cart notification in just 10 minutes. Go ahead and start using web push notification to see the difference.
#4 Sale Promotion Not Getting Timely Response
One of the ways to get the sale is running a promotion on the website. Sale promotion gives an instant boost to sale as well get new customers. This sale promotion is run for limited time. All the customers are informed through emails and website banners. You have sent repeated emails to customers but still, the response is low. Many customers haven’t checked email and by the time some checked the mail, the sale was over.
In case of any sale event, the timing is very crucial. These sale events are run for limited time. If you have experienced low conversions even during sale promotion, then you should give Web Push Notification a try. Some of the key features which make Web Push Notification a must-have tool for sale promotion:
- Real-time delivery: Push Notifications are delivered real-time on user’s browser both in desktop and mobile. Even when the user is not live on your website, they will receive the notification in their browser.
- Multiple Notifications: You can create a series of Sale Notification to be sent to the user. This way you can create a teaser campaign. During the sale, you can push the best selling products through push notifications.
- Schedule Notifications: Schedule your notification so that you don’t miss sending them at the right time. You can schedule all your notifications to be sent at different time intervals.
Since Web Push Notifications are delivered like alert notifications, chances of users viewing it is high. For all time-bound sale, you should use push notifications to get higher CTR.
#5 Fake Emails Getting Subscribed
Is your email getting bounced? Is your email list clean? Most of the time user enters wrong details while subscribing to any website. Many times users keep separate email ids for different purposes for e.g. different emails for personal use and for others. In such cases, your promotional email might be landing on “others” inbox of the user which they are not checking. In either of the mentioned cases, your email doesn’t reach to the customer. Your email database is full of such email IDs.
However, with Push Notifications, you will never face these kinds of issues.
- Push Notifications doesn’t need any email ID for subscription
- With one click user gets subscribed to notifications
To get subscribed, the user has to click on the Push Notification Opt-In. So there is no chance of getting fake subscribers with Push Notifications. All your push subscribers are real. With Push Notifications, the chance of notifications delivered to the user is higher as compared to emails getting delivered.
#6 Time Consuming Without Increase In Result
There is no doubt that to create beautiful Promotional Email you have to invest time. If you are outsourcing it or using some tool, then you have to shell money as well. However, with so much time and money spent, are you getting the ROI you have planned to get from your email marketing? Are your cost and time not getting you the right result you had expected?
If the answer to above yes, then it’s the right time that you should give a try to Push Notifications. Implement web push notifications on your website and compare the results. Another reason to implement Web Push Notification:
- Integrating Push Notifications takes less than 10 mins
- Create personalize push notification with ease
- Push Notification is supported on multiple platforms including WordPress, Weebly, Shopify
Start using Web Push Notification today. You can also avail free trial of 14 days for any plan.
- How to Unsubscribe from Push Notifications in Chrome and Firefox
- How to Configure a Firebase Cloud Messaging Key & Why You Should Use FCM API Key
- Guide to Implementing Web Push Notifications, Without a Vendor Lock-in
- 7 Ways To Increase Your Web Push Subscription Rate
- Drip Campaigns and Autoresponders For Web Push Notifications
- How to Go Live With Web Push Notification Using PushEngage in 3 Easy Steps