By now you understand what is push notifications. We have observed that most customers like receiving Browser Push Notifications, as long as the messages are personalized and not too frequent. Many times, customers get annoyed with repeated push notification and want to unsubscribe from push notifications. But if you want to remove chrome notification, we have a guide below.
We have explained in detail on how to stop push notification on the desktop & browser. The same steps can be followed to turn off Facebook desktop notifications, twitter push notifications, or browser notifications from any site. We are sharing this so this makes it easy for you to turn off the desktop notifications. Follow the guide to unsubscribe from Browser Push Notifications in chrome and firefox browsers. The following steps explain how to remove Chrome notification and remove Firefox notification.
However, there are times when a user loses interest in a site or receiving notifications from a website. The customer is in full control and can at any time stop Push Notifications on Google Chrome & Firefox. Check below to know how to stop push notification from any website.
Unsubscribe from Push Notifications In Desktop
2 Ways to Unsubscribe from Push Notifications In Desktop
Method 1: Unsubscribe at the time you receive a notification from a website
Chrome offers a simple single click opt-out and if you right-click when you receive a browser push notification, it will show an option to disable notifications from that domain, as shown below. Just click on that link to unsubscribe notifications in chrome. Here is an example.
Method 2: Unsubscribe from receiving a push notification from a website after clicking Allow.
Here are step by step instructions to unsubscribe from Chrome Push Notifications:
- Open a new browser tab and type chrome://settings/content and you will see the below pop up
- Go to the Notifications section and Click Manage Exceptions. This will list all the URLs from where you have subscribed to notifications. You can click on the URL of the site you want to unsubscribe. You can allow or deny or completely remove a website. To unsubscribe notifications from chrome, click on remove. You will be unsubscribed from chrome push notifications.
As you can see above, removing push notification in chrome is very simple.
For Firefox Push Notifications, follow the steps outlined here (summarized Below):
- Go to the Firefox menu and select Options.
- Select the Content panel and click the Choose… button under Notifications.
- Select the site.
- Click Remove Site.
- Once done, you are unsubscribed and won't receive the Firefox push notification from that site.
Unsubscribe from Push Notifications In Mobile Browser
If you are trying to unsubscribe from the Chrome Mobile browser, follow the following steps.
- Open the Chrome browser, then go to settings by clicking the menu on the top right.
- Go to Site Settings
- Next Click on Notifications.
- Here you will see a list of websites to whom you have granted permission to display notifications. Select the site you want to unsubscribe, and then click Clear and Reset.
- Once done, you will be unsubscribed from the site and won't receive any chrome push notification from them.
Web Push Notifications are there to keep users updated about important things. However, subscribers get overwhelmed with so many notifications that it starts to feel annoying and they want to disable chrome push notifications. To keep your customers happy, share this guide on your website so that they can stop chrome push notifications.
Using the push notification widget, you can always give customers another chance of subscribing to your push notifications.