How To Segment to Target & Personalize your Push Notification
One of the often heard complaints from the consumer with regards to Push Notifications (especially on the mobile app) is around too many notifications reaching them and they get inundated with it. We are starting to get similar feedback for Push Notifications for Browsers as well. Hence, it is very important that you target your website users appropriately with topics of their interest. This can be achieved through segments in PushEngage.
Here is How to Implement Segments for your Push Notification Users in PushEngage
Step 1: Create the segments you want to define in your website in Dashboard under Users -> Segments.
Step 2: Each time you subscribe a user on a given page, pass the correct segment for that user in any of the method you use for subscribing user.
Here is the name segmentname corresponds to the name you have configured earlier
a) Default Popup
Note: when this is being used please don’t use the below code
Following are the equivalent Button and Link code
b) Button code:
c) Link code:
3) Now that you have segmented the user, test out by sending a targeted message to the users, and see your CTR (Click Through Rate) Increase and Engagement Increase
- How to Unsubscribe from Push Notifications in Chrome and Firefox
- How to Configure a Firebase Cloud Messaging Key & Why You Should Use FCM API Key
- Guide to Implementing Web Push Notifications, Without a Vendor Lock-in
- 7 Ways To Increase Your Web Push Subscription Rate
- Drip Campaigns and Autoresponders For Web Push Notifications
- How to Go Live With Web Push Notification Using PushEngage in 3 Easy Steps