Personalize Push Notifications Based on the Location of the User In PushEngage
There are many scenerios in which as a website you may want to display different content to different users based on their location. Example: Groupon displays different deals based on your city, Foodpanda will display different restaurants and offers to you depending on your city. When your content of the website varies by location, then the Push Notifications also have to be personalized according to location of the users.
We have launched a new feature which allows you to segment the Browser Push Subscribers based on their location. We store the location of the user at the time of subscription, based on their IP address. This can help you send targeted and different messages to subscribers in different city, states and countries.
To segment the users, open New Notifications under Notifications tab, then click Advanced Options. Under Geo Location, you can select Country, State or City, which is available based on the data in your account. i.e. if you have users from India, then India will appear in country list.
Once the segment is selected the size of the segment will show up on the top. That’s it, now you are ready to send out notification to this segment.
Give this feature a whirl and hope you get higher Click Rates on your push notification campaigns, and can drive more transactions and repeat users.
- How to Unsubscribe from Push Notifications in Chrome and Firefox
- How to Configure a Firebase Cloud Messaging Key & Why You Should Use FCM API Key
- Guide to Implementing Web Push Notifications, Without a Vendor Lock-in
- 7 Ways To Increase Your Web Push Subscription Rate
- Drip Campaigns and Autoresponders For Web Push Notifications
- How to Go Live With Web Push Notification Using PushEngage in 3 Easy Steps