Fashion Bloc offers a platform to connect the emerging talent with the fashion industry. They help companies and individuals with strategy, recruitment, fundraising, mentoring and education in the fashion segment.
Getting advice and finding a team is the key to successIeva, fashion business strategist, Fashion Bloc
If you are looking to launch a new fashion or launching in a new market, contact fashionbloc now.
We got an opportunity to interact with Ieva, a business strategist, and recruiter, from Fashionbloc.
1. Hi, It's Our Pleasure to interview you, Please Introduce yourself to our audience in your own style.
My name is Ieva (with i, not L). I am a fashion business strategist and recruiter supporting emerging fashion brands and campaigning for the responsible approach to doing business in fashion.
2. We believe that every Entrepreneur has a story to tell, Can you please share "your" story of what motivated you to start this company?
I worked as a recruiter for a company, in luxury and fashion. I learned loads but I felt I could do more and help small businesses grow, not just established fashion industry moguls.
I also work with emerging fashion markets as I strongly feel they’re underrepresented.
3. Give us brief details about your current company and what it does?
Fashion Bloc is a fashion business consultancy. We do fashion business education projects as well as launching a marketplace for positive fashion jobs.
4. What is the biggest challenge you have faced during this journey? How did you overcome those?
I face challenges every day and to overcome all of them is just one way – solve it if it’s in your power or forget about it if it’s not.
5. What marketing tactics you employed to generate 1st hundred sales?
I’m a consultant so all my ‘sales’ are personal relationships and constant networking. I use Facebook ads to advertise our events.
6. Which marketing channel has been beneficial for you in getting more traffic, and customers?
Facebook and word of mouth have performed really well in getting more traffic. We may have got traffic from the LinkedIn channel as well.
7. How do you generate comfort and trust among your customers, so that they buy your product?
I know them all personally. But we’re not talking thousands, we’re talking a couple of hundred.
8. Organic ranking generates free traffic. What kind of strategies have you employed to improve organic traffic?
I make sure our SEO is in good shape
9. Can you please share any one growth hack that has worked for you?
I wrote a viral article, that was a genuine industry review. I titled it ‘We are rich just because they are poor’.
10. Re-engagement is the key to get repeat business from existing customers. Do you agree with this? How do you re-engage customers? Have you considered using Web Push Notifications for the same?
11. What steps did you take to make this company a Big Brand? What marketing strategy you employed?
We’re still growing and we’re not a big brand. My personal brand is equally important.
12. What is the next milestone for the company?
Launch a marketplace for positive impact jobs, that’s a plan for 2020
13. As per you what skills a founder must possess in order to succeed?
Dream big and act quick.
14. What is the best advice would you like to give to a future entrepreneur?
Don’t be overprotective over your unique idea – getting advice and finding a team is a key.