How To Integrate Web Push Notification on a BigCommerce Website?
BigCommerce lets you create stores that engage shoppers and make more sales. You get to choose from the best responsive e-commerce templates on the market or build a fully custom site. You get best-in-class marketing and conversion tools that enable the merchants to grow at 2x the industry average. Drive more traffic, convert more visitors and seamlessly sell on multiple channels from a single location. Now, if you wish to retain your old buyers and re-engage them then you can use PushEngage’s browser push notification for such need. You can now install PushEngage web push notification to your BigCommerce website in 4 simple steps.
Here’s what you need to do –
- Sign in to your PushEngage Account and on the left side of your dashboard click on Settings > Installation Settings and copy the code mentioned in the HTTP/HTTPS tab depending on your website –
- Now login to your BigCommerce dashboard and navigate to StoreFront > Footer Scripts and paste the JS code there and click on save.
- If you are an HTTP website that’s it. You will get the optin for subscription on your website. But if you are an HTTPS website you would need to do an extra step to complete the installation. To complete the installation on HTTPS website Navigate to Settings > Subscription Dialog Box > Select site type as HTTPS and click on Edit.
- Then navigate to Desktop > Options and enable Quick Install, do the same for mobile as well and save the changes. Or else if you have access to root directory then place the two files that are manifest.json and service-worker.js there such that they are accessible. These files are present in Installation Settings > under HTTPS tab (step 2).
That’s all and your installation is complete. You will receive an opt-in for the subscription when you visit your website.
You can also customize your subscription dialog box depending on your website. You can change the color, placement and the text. Also, being an e-commerce site we have campaigns like cart abandonment and browser abandonment that you can use to boost your sales and also cross-sell and upsell your products using segmentation.
- How to Unsubscribe from Push Notifications in Chrome and Firefox
- How to Configure a Firebase Cloud Messaging Key & Why You Should Use FCM API Key
- Guide to Implementing Web Push Notifications, Without a Vendor Lock-in
- 7 Ways To Increase Your Web Push Subscription Rate
- Drip Campaigns and Autoresponders For Web Push Notifications
- How to Go Live With Web Push Notification Using PushEngage in 3 Easy Steps