How To Integrate Web Push Notification on Jimdo Website?
Jimdo helps you to create your dream website in just a few clicks with Jimdo’s quick and easy website builder. You can customize your design, connect your domain, and edit your website any time, with no coding required.Jimdo Creator, you build your own website step by step, with a blog and online shop already included. You can create an e-commerce store, blog, or a simple website with Jimdo and you can install PushEngage as well to re-engage your customers.
Here’s how to enable web push notifications on Jimdo website –
- Login to your Jimdo account and on the top left corner click on the Menu icon > Settings.
- Then click on Edit Head.
- Then open your PushEngage dashboard and navigate to Settings > Installation Settings
- Then select HTTP or HTTPS tab depending on your website. Then copy the code mentioned there. Please note that you have to use either asynchronous code or the legacy version. If you use asynchronous version then you can place it anywhere in the HTML of your website. But if you are using legacy version then you would need to place it in the head section of your website.
- Copy the code mentioned in the Installation Settings of your PushEngage Dashboard and add it to the Edit Head section of your Jimdo website. Once done, save the changes.
- That’s all if you are an HTTP website. You can check the preview and Push notification will be enabled on your website. But if you are an HTTPS website navigate to Settings > HTTPS > Click on Edit on the optin selected.
- Go to Desktop Settings > Options and enable Quick Install. Do the same for mobile settings as well and save the changes. Or else if you have access to root directory then place the two files that are manifest.json and service-worker.js there such that they are accessible. These files are present in Installation Settings > under HTTPS tab (step 2).
That’s all and your installation is complete. You will receive an optin for the subscription when you visit your website.
You can also customize your subscription dialog box depending on your website. You can change the color, placement and the text. Also, being an e-commerce site we have campaigns like cart abandonment and browser abandonment that you can use to boost your sales and also cross-sell and upsell your products using segmentation.
PushEngage supports integration for other platforms as well. In case your website is based on PrestaShop, you can install and send push notification from PrestaShop website using PushEngage. Another popular platform to create a website is BigCommerce. You can install push notification on BigCommerce site as well.
- How to Unsubscribe from Push Notifications in Chrome and Firefox
- How to Configure a Firebase Cloud Messaging Key & Why You Should Use FCM API Key
- Guide to Implementing Web Push Notifications, Without a Vendor Lock-in
- 7 Ways To Increase Your Web Push Subscription Rate
- Drip Campaigns and Autoresponders For Web Push Notifications
- How to Go Live With Web Push Notification Using PushEngage in 3 Easy Steps